Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Keyword

TOPIC: Short moments and resting as awareness

Short moments and resting as awareness 1 year 11 months ago #6036

Hello!

I just have a quick question for clarification.

The instruction to stop thinking to take a short moment is very restful and of course it stops the data stream immediately. Is that neutralizing the data stream? Or does this clarify the data stream? Of something else?

There is another instruction that guides us to leave everything as it is and rest as awareness. I have taken this to mean to allow the data stream story to run its course and just watch it happen, knowing it is a data stream, that needs no interference of any kind since nothing can come of it. Thus the thinking just goes on without stopping it and it comes to an end on its own. Is that the correct understanding?

So, does a short moment direct us to stop the thinking and relax as awareness, or let the story keep going, while resting as awareness?

I have used both of these and have seen that the data streams release themselves either way!

Thank you very much for any clarification.

Love,
Amy
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Short moments and resting as awareness 1 year 11 months ago #6037

Dear Amy thank you for your post.

The suggestion to "stop thinking" enables us to identify open intelligence in our direct experience - this is its purpose. Once we have an experiential recognition of what open intelligence is we see that whether we are thinking or not, open intelligence is present.

Everything is always as it is even if we attempt to change things. The power of the instruction to recognize open intelligence for short moments repeated many times (rest as awareness for short moments repeated many times) is that it allows us to become completely at ease with the spontaneous flow of thoughts, emotions and sensations (data) just as they are.

You kind of answered your own questions :) Data streams do indeed release themselves like a line drawn in water. Both stopping thinking to identify open intelligence and then relaxing or allowing the story to flow on by whilst resting as open intelligence allow us to become increasingly familiar with this spontaneous and relaxed flow. So both approaches are fine.

Short moments and resting as awareness 1 year 11 months ago #6038

Adrian,
Thank you for your helpful response. I appreciate you saying that both are fine. Your straightforward way of saying things is what I was hoping to get by posting this. :)

As it turns out I was awake during the night with lots of painful data streams passing by and I was able to experiment with this. I noticed that when I stopped thinking for a moment, the data stream would stop for a moment but quite often it would start up again on its own. Once that happened I just watched it run its course the best I could. Then another! And another! LOL! I have never been able to observe the actual moment of release. It is more of a felt sense.

Finally I was able to sleep. I can see how very important it is to have a 100% commitment to relying on open intelligence.

Best wishes!
Amy

Short moments and resting as awareness 1 year 11 months ago #6040

Amy, thank you for your post.

You will find that by simply relying on the Four Mainstays that life gets easier and easier in terms of our data. The data often will not change but it becomes less bothersome until it really is incapable of demanding attention. Amazing really :)